Monday, November 24, 2008

Eli comes to town

Ok so as promised I have a few posts to make. My nephew who is 7 weeks old and his mother my sister Sarah are in town. Naturally I have stories to tell. The first is Chris is new to all of this baby stuff (well generally speaking). Eli LOVES!! to look at lights. In my parents family room there is a certain light fixture that gives off a rather bright light. So while Chris was holding Eli for the first time he became aware of this thing Eli likes to do and became quite concerned for the safety of Eli's eyes. So like any good uncle he placed his hat on Eli's face to try to prevent any damage to his eyes. Hence this great picture...


Ok so my next story is about Chris as well. He doesn't have any siblings only younger cousins that he rarely sees, so seriously this is kind of a new experience for him, so most of the stories will be about him. Chris got the opportunity to burp Eli, (new to Chris of course) anyways we were trying to explain that you pat his back lightly but not too lightly, which I think Chris was a little nervous and didn't want to hurt Eli. Then we explained that you had to support his head too. And Chris' only response was "I only have two hands" very simple story but really cute none the less. Well I'm sure I'll have more stories because Sarah and Eli are in town for a while longer and Sarah's husband Boyd is coming in too. So until then LOVE YOU ALL!!

My turn with the hat. Sheesh Eli quit looking at the lights!!


Chris and Eli I love this pic

The day they both got here :)

No comments: