Friday, January 2, 2009

Oh the Holidays


It's been a while since I last posted but the holidays were so CRAZY that I just haven't had the time.

Chris and I had a wonderful holiday and hope you all did the same. For the Christmas holiday we were in Colorado and boy were we busy. We actually stayed with my grandparents, on my mom's side. They were fantastic hosts and we enjoyed staying there. While we were in Colorado though we did see many of our friends and family. Chris' mom lives in Greeley and we spent an evening with her and his dad was in town and we spent a day with him as well. We also caught up with many of our friends, including one of my old friends from High School who i haven't seen since not too long after we graduated. Good seeing your family Jennie ;)

Christmas Eve we spent with my grandparents, my great grandma Head, and my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins. We did the traditional Soups and appetizers for dinner, and played Bingo for white elephant gifts that night. That was fun as always. Then Chris and I opened a gift early PJS!! Grandma Head stayed for the night and spent Christmas morning with us. She sure cracks us up. We love her so much!! Unfortunately I was a dork and didn't take many pictures; where my brain was this trip i'll never know. We enjoyed the day with Nan and Papa and ate dinner there too. When enveryone had gone home we took a little trip to the Denver Zoo to see the Zoo Lights. We did take pictures here. They were really cool.




This Hippo really scared me but it enabled me to take this shot. We were in the house where they sleep, and there were two hippos. Well i was waiting for the other hippo to come out of the water so I could take a picture and this one snuck up to another side and popped out, when he did he made a noise and scared me enough so I turned and snapped the picture. So to remember the little story and trip "I got a hippopotamus for Christmas" ;).

While we were in Colorado we helped my nanny put together her Department 56 town. She does it every year and this year Chris and I helped, I was a little reluctant at first, no one wants to work on vacation, but it ended up being lots of fun. Nan says this was the prettiest it's been. :)




We left Colorado on Saturday and had a good trip home and then enjoyed Sunday alone :). That sometimes is my favorite part, coming home and enjoying not doing anything and each other.

New Years was fun as well, pretty uneventful but fun non the less. I worked at Red Robin, then we went to a friends house and spent the evening with her and her husband. It was fun. :) well I thought I would bring you all up to date. Love you ALL !! Happy 2009

No comments: